Zone Medical Staff Associations (ZMSA) are the regional mechanism for support for practitioners with medical staff appointments. Your ZMSA is your advocate for matters related to Medical Leadership Structure, Medical Staff Appointments, Clinical Privileges, Responsibilities and Accountability, Periodic Reviews, and Concerns.
To join your ZMSA contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great news! If you log on to the AMA site and look at your Member Dashboard, you’ll see that “My profile” now shows “Zone Medical Staff Assoc Membership” information.
ZMSAs are actively involved in:
- Bylaws-mandated AHS committees, both Zone and provincial e.g. ZMAC, PPEC, and search and selection committees
- Meetings with Zone Medical Directors
- AMA’s Council of Zone Leaders (a provincial forum for all ZMSA presidents)
- A joint AMA-AHS Provincial Liaison Forum
- Leading the local Zone Advisory Forum (ZAF)
More information about Zone Medical Staff Associations can be found here: https://www.albertadoctors.org/leaders-partners/leaders/zmsas/get-involved