This workshop will help you to gain the skills and confidence you need to be effective in any meeting, from board meetings to committee meetings to staff meetings and more. In this dynamic, hands-on workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to measure the actual cost of a meeting so you don’t waste a single second
- How to connect your meetings directly to your organization strategy
- How to communicate effectively through active listening and being concise
- How to be an excellent facilitator who creates awesome agendas and follows up fast
- How to fight, so you can really get along
- How to inspire each other during a meeting and more
Find out why some knowledge on ways to communicate better, along with a lot of practice, will make virtually anyone a strong communicator. In this interactive session you’ll learn:
- Tips to make short public presentations like a pro
- How to be a better communicator by being a better listener
- Ways to control conversations with questions
- How to prepare for, and have difficult conversations
Stop worrying and get prepared. Former award-winning media personality Grant Ainsley will show you everything you need to know about dealing with the media. Grant’s presentation includes:
- Understanding what the media wants
- How to prepare for the interview
- How to handle yourself in the interview
- Proper eye contact and other body language tips
- Ways to tell your story
- How to stay on message
- Video examples of good and bad media interviews
You’ll also be interviewed on camera and receive a critique.
A little bit about Gord and Grant...
Gord Sheppard is a Professional Meeting Facilitator, Speaker, Trainer and Consultant who combines 25 years of business experience with a Masters Degree in Business Administration, a Bachelor’s Degree in Drama and Prosci Change Management Certification to help his clients profitably achieve their goals. He is also the Author of “How To Create Awesome Meetings”, a step-by- step guide to help you make your next meeting more productive and profitable!
Grant Ainsley spent close to 20 years in the news media and public relations in Edmonton, Alberta. Over the last decade he's worked as a media trainer and spoken across Canada on a regular basis on topics related to the news media and communications. He is also the Author of "The Honest Spin Doctor", a step-by-step guide for successful media relations for anyone who deals with the news media today.
Friday, Sept 8
Media Training, with Grant Ainsley
A continental breakfast, lunch and parking validation will be provided.
Thursday, September 7
Effective Meetings, with Gord Sheppard
Leadership Communication, with Grant Ainsley
A continental breakfast will be served before the morning workshop. Lunch will be provided to those who participate in both morning and afternoon sessions. Parking validation will be provided for all participants.
These workshops are available for free to all CAMSS members! If you're interested in attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org