Zone Medical Staff Associations (ZMSA) are the regional mechanism for support for practitioners with medical staff appointments. Your ZMSA is your advocate for matters related to Medical Leadership Structure, Medical Staff Appointments, Clinical Privileges, Responsibilities and Accountability, Periodic Reviews, and Concerns.
It's that time of year again...
Time to renew your ZMSA membership!
The ZMSA annual membership process is conducted through the AMA. By now you will have received an email from AMA Membership Services providing you with a link to complete your renewal. If there is no email address on file for you, the membership form will be sent by mail.
ZMSAs are actively involved in:
- Bylaws-mandated AHS committees, both Zone and provincial e.g. ZMAC, PPEC, and search and selection committees
- Meetings with Zone Medical Directors
- AMA’s Council of Zone Leaders (a provincial forum for all ZMSA presidents)
- A joint AMA-AHS Provincial Liaison Forum
- Leading the local Zone Advisory Forum (ZAF)
More information about Zone Medical Staff Associations can be found here: https://www.albertadoctors.org/leaders-partners/leaders/zmsas/get-involved