CAMSS EXECUTIVE ELECTION: PRESIDENT-ELECT
Nominations are being sought for President-elect of CAMSS. This one (1) year term begins October 1, 2018, and ends September 30, 2019, with planned succession to the role the President on October 1, 2019, upon expiration of the current President’s term, for an additional (2) two years as President ending September 30, 2021, and one (1) year as Past President ending September 30, 2022.
Potential candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a letter of interest (no more than one page) to Coordinator Adrienne.Wanhill@albertadoctors.org by midnight May 14, 2018.
Nominations are subject to council approval and may be excluded due to perceived conflicts of interest by virtue of other roles/positions that the candidate holds with the health care system.
An election, if required, will take place by secure confidential e-mail ballot between May 18 and June 8. The successful candidate will be announced by June 15, 2018.
Remuneration and administrative support are provided.
CAMSS is an independent medical staff voice that represents physicians (whether affiliated with Alberta Health Services (AHS) or not) as well as dentists, oral & maxillofacial surgeons, podiatrists, and scientist medical administrative leaders who hold AHS Medical Staff Appointments. These individuals will generally reside near and/or work in Calgary and surrounding areas, encompassing the Calgary Zone of AHS.
Dr. Linda Mrkonjic, President, term ends September 30, 2019
Dr. David Sidhu, Secretary Treasurer, term ends September 30, 2020
Dr. Sharron Spicer, Past President, term ends September 30, 2018
Further information is available from Adrienne Wanhill, Coordinator at Adrienne.Wanhill@albertadoctors.org or 403-205-2093
Job Description President-elect as excerpted from the bylaws and compiled here for reference. A full list of roles and responsibilities is detailed in the CAMSS bylaws:
- The president-elect shall hold office for a one (1) year term, and shall upon expiration of the president’s term, serve as president for an additional (2) two years.
- The past-president shall be a member of the executive and of council for the one (1) year immediately succeeding the end of the term of his/her presidency and shall, in the absence of the president or president-elect, act in their stead.
- The president-elect or past president shall assist the president in the performance of his/her duties, and the president-elect shall preside and perform such other functions as are the duties of the president in the absence of the president. In addition, the president-elect shall:
- assume the presidency of the society upon the expiry of the term of the current president;
- attend all meetings of the society, the council and of the executive committee;
- serves on or chairs such committees as he/she may be appointed to.
- the executive shall meet ten (10) times per year or more frequently, as required. The president and past-president shall be responsible for the preparation of the agenda for executive meetings in advance of the meeting.
- the president shall act as chair of all executive, council, Zone Advisory Forum, general and extraordinary meetings. In the absence of the president, the president-elect shall act as chair. In the absence of the president and president-elect, the past president shall act as chair.
- if circumstances are such that there is no sitting past-president the society will find it acceptable to have a president-elect holding office for two years.